Your committee is implementing a new computerised cloud-based membership database system to help us stay in touch and better serve our rapidly growing number of Friends.
This new, very 21st century membership management system will, in due course, enable those of you who have the inclination to manage your own subscriptions via a website, as well as access news, information about forthcoming events, make payments and donations and generally stay in touch with the activities of the Friends of TMAG.
The system, from Canadian developers Wild Apricot, offers a range of benefits, including:
- A choice of payment options, including direct debit and online payments while still allowing us to accept postal orders and cheques.
- Managing RSVPs and payments for Friends’ events
- A Friends website, which could include news, a calendar of events and options for members to manage their own membership preferences online
- Communication by either email or traditional post
- It can be managed by any committee member or other authorised person from any location – it doesn’t require someone sitting in a particular office.
We anticipate that it will take a few months for us to transfer all the membership information and the years of corporate knowledge that are held within Jean’s estimable card index system. Members should not notice any change or interruption to services at present, until we reach the point where we can begin email communications for those who have opted for it.